- Suggested Systems
- ACM100 - Alternating Current Monitor
- DCM100 - Direct Current Monitor
- FFM100 - Fluid Flow Monitor
- FPM100 - Fluid Pressure Monitor
- GPS200 - Antenna/Receiver
- J2K100 - J1939 to NMEA 2000 Gateway
- NBE100 - Network Bus Extender
- RAA100 - Rudder Angle Adapter
- SSC300 - Solid State Compass
- SMS100 - Text Messaging
CBMD12 12-Channel Optional Bypass Module
For manual control of the loads, an optional MPower® 12-Channel Bypass Module (CBMD12) can be installed in conjunction with the 12-Channel DC Load Controller Module (CLMD12). The maximum current capacity for the CBMD12 is 75 amps in 12V DC and 24V DC power systems.
The Bypass Module provides a manual method (ON/OFF switch) to control loads by providing power to each load in case of a CLMD12 malfunction or a NMEA 2000® network failure. The CBMD12 utilizes standard fuses for overcurrent protection and 12 Carling Curvette® Rocker Switches for manual control of each load. With the use of the Curvette rocker switches, there is no arcing that occurs while manually overriding a load. Furthermore, unlike other digital switching products, MPower does not require moving a fuse which can cause electrical connections to degrade, or the possibility for ignition.
It’s important to ensure that the current rating of the fuse for each load is appropriate to protect the load and the wiring for that load. Please note that the bypass module does not support paralleled outputs, since each circuit is controlled by a separate switch. Additionally, the bypass module does not support dimming of circuits.
The CLMD12 is sold off-the-shelf in the following configurations.
|CBMD12||12-Channel DC Bypass Module|
- 75 Amps maximum current capacity
- 12A Max (two outputs)
- 10A Max (six outputs)
- 5A Max (four outputs)
- 12V and 24V DC power systems
- Carling Technologies Curvette® Rocker Switches
- Overcurrent protection via ATC standard fuses
The following accessories are available for the CMBD12:
Part No CBMD12-R includes one Red Bypass Jumper Wire and one Fuse Pack.
|Part Number: A3720|
|Part Number: A3721|