- Suggested Systems
- ACM100 - Alternating Current Monitor
- DCM100 - Direct Current Monitor
- FFM100 - Fluid Flow Monitor
- FPM100 - Fluid Pressure Monitor
- GPS200 - Antenna/Receiver
- J2K100 - J1939 to NMEA 2000 Gateway
- NBE100 - Network Bus Extender
- RAA100 - Rudder Angle Adapter
- SSC300 - Solid State Compass
- SMS100 - Text Messaging
MBB300C vessel monitoring and control black box
Maretron’s third generation Black Box (MBB300C) is a dedicated processing unit that includes Maretron’s N2KView® vessel monitoring and control software. Unlike a PC that allows any software to be loaded, the MBB300C runs only N2KView® software making it extremely stable and dedicated to monitoring and controlling your vessel.
The MBB300C is ruggedized for marine use and includes a solid state disk drive to withstand the pounding associated with waves. And since the MBB300C dissipates less than 10 watts, there is no need for internal cooling fans that are noisy and wear out causing electronics to overheat and fail.
The MBB300C connects to a monitor through a VGA connector or an HDMI connector while the associated touch screen connects through a USB or serial port. Alternatives to controlling the N2KView® software through a touch screen include keyboards, mice, or track balls connected through USB. In addition to the two completely isolated CAN bus connectors for simple connection to single or redundant NMEA 2000® networks, the MBB300C has an Ethernet port for connecting Internet Protocol (IP) cameras for viewing video within the N2KView® software.
Of course you get the same flexibility using Maretron’s N2KView® software from the MBB300C as you would running the software on a PC, which includes the ability to configure as many screens as you want with exactly the information you want to see. Plus you get free upgrades to the software as improvements and new features are added.
- 9-36 Volt Power Supply
- Solid State Disk Drive
- Fanless Cooling System
- Dual CAN Bus for Single or Redundant NMEA 2000® Network Connections
- Four USB Ports for Touchscreen, Keyboard, Mouse, Trackball, or Thumb Drive Connections
- VGA or HDMI Video Connection (2560 x 1600 Maximum Resolution)
- Ethernet Connector for IP Camera Input or Email Alert Notification
- Air conditioning (HVAC)
- Anchor watch
- AC power
- Fuel management
- Ice makers
The software for the MBB300C has now been updated to version 6.4.0. It is not possible to update previous versions of N2KView 5.0.x, 5.1.x or 6.0.x versions to this platform; a complete image installation is required. Please contact support at Marine.Support@carlingtech.com or toll free at (866) 550-9100 to determine compatibility and to acquire image files and instructions.
Update Instructions for versions 6.3.0 and 6.3.1 to version 6.4.0
Download the following to update the firmware on the MBB300C:
This is a large file.