What information is available from the temperature monitor (TMP100) and can be viewed on Maretron’s displays?Estimated Reading Time: 1 Minutes
The TMP100 is capable of transmitting the following information:
- Sea Temperature
- Outside Temperature
- Inside Temperature
- Engine Room Temperature
- Main Cabin Temperature
- Live Well Temperature
- Bait Well Temperature
- Refrigeration Temperature
- Heating System Temperature
- Dew Point Temperature
- Wind Chill Temperature, Apparent
- Wind Chill Temperature, Theoretical
- Heat Index Temperature
- Freezer Temperature
- Exhaust Gas Temperature
- 16 Different User Defined Temperatures (e.g., Shaft Temperature)
Please follow these instructions for determining data transmitted by the TMP100 device:
- Write down all PGNs transmitted by a device including PGNs that are turned off by default (you can use N2KAnalyzer to see what the device transmits, as shown in Figure 1 below).
- Look up PGN numbers using the NMEA 2000 database.
- Go through each field in the PGN document and write down the fields that are pertinent to the user. For example, we wouldn’t want to tell the user that a SID or data instance is transmitted.
- Don’t include deprecated PGN data unless it is the only data the device will transmit.