The WSO100 wind speed and direction seem to change too quickly; can I slow the changes down or dampen the rate at which wind speed and direction are displayed?Estimated Reading Time: 1 Minutes
You set the WSO100 wind damping period using Maretron’s DSM150 or DSM250 display in the following way:
- Enter menu mode, scroll to "Configuration…" and press
- Scroll to "Device Configuration…" and press
- Scroll to the row containing the WSO100 and press
- Scroll to "Wind Data Damping Period:" and press
- Set the damping period lower to see very quick changes in wind speed and direction or set the period higher to smooth out wind readings. The damping period is actually a moving average filter so you must be careful not to set the period to high because this introduces latency or delay in the reported wind speed and direction.