SH-449CSTE Smoke/Heat Detector
Please follow these instructions to connect the SH-449CSTE to the NMEA 2000 network via a Maretron SIM100 Switch Indicator Module. The wiring diagram appears in Figure 1 on the reverse side of this page. The diagram shows a connection to channel #1, but connections to other channels are similar.
1. Connect the SH-449CSTE power terminals to an 8.5-33VDC supply that is independent of the NMEA 2000 network power supply as shown in Figure 1. Powering the unit separately from the NMEA 2000 network allows the detector to work even when the NMEA 2000 network is powered off.
2. Connect the two alarm contact terminals to a free switch channel. The example in Figure 1 shows the detector connected to switch channel 1, terminals SW1A and SW1B.
3. Use a Maretron DSM250 display (firmware 1.3.5 or higher), the DSM250 Viewing function of Maretron N2KAnalyzer software, or other Maretron display product capable of configuring the SIM100 to set the switch channel mode (indicated as “Channel #x Mode” on the DSM250) for the appropriate channel to the “End of Line Resistor” setting. For this example, you would set “Channel #1 Mode” to “End of Line Resistor”.
4. Supply Power to the NMEA 2000 network and to the SH-449CSTE and verify that the switch channel indicates an “off” (normal) state using Maretron N2KView software, N2KAnalyzer, or other product capable of displaying switch indicator state.
5. Perform a smoke test and heat test on the SH-449CSTE (or optionally, test the unit by holding a magnet close to the “TEST” point marked on the outside of the detector) and verify that the switch channel indicates an “on” (alarm) state during each of the tests.
6. Remove power from the SH-449CSTE and verify that the switch channel indicates an “on” (alarm) state.
7. Reconnect power and verify that the switch channel indicates an “off” (normal) state.
8. Disconnect either of the two alarm wires from the SIM100 and verify that the switch channel indicates an “error” state.
9. Reconnect the alarm wires to the SIM100 and verify that the switch channel indicates an “off” (normal) state.
WARNING: The SH-449CSTE is shipped with an 8KΩ end-of-line resistor installed between one of the alarm contacts terminals and one of the supervisory relay terminals. Also, the detector is shipped with a jumper wire installed between the supervisor relay and the alarm contacts. Do not remove either the resistor or the jumper wire, as they are required for proper operation.
For installation support, please contact:
9014 N. 23rd Ave #10
Phoenix, AZ 85021-7850
Telephone: (+1) 866-550-9100