Maretron's MBB300C can be used as a web server that can stream the N2KView application via HTML5, an interactive Web Service, through a LAN (Ethernet) connection.
Many 3rd Party vendors label this service slightly different, but all referring to the HTML5 Service
- Garmin One Helm
- Raymarine LightHouse
In order to initialize the MBB300C to populate on a connected MFD, the MBB300C will need:
- To be connected to the same LAN (Ethernet) as the MFDs, in adjacent to the NMEA2000 connection for data
- Temporarily connected via the HDMI or VGA and a mouse to change video output
*** Disclaimer ***
Please follow requirements outlined via the 3rd Party manufactures for safely connecting the MBB300C onto their LAN connection.
i.e. Garmin requires a PoE Isolation coupler to be integrated before connecting to the Garmin Marine network
Once the above setup is established
- Power up the MBB300C
- Tap anywhere on the display to reveal the tabs and navigate to Commands & Settings
- Select Configuration
- Select General Configuration
- Change the Display Mode to Remote HTML5 Access
- Next, Select Update and Reboot
- Once the reboot process has commenced, promptly remove the video (HDMI or VGA) and any connected user input devices, such as a mouse and/or keyboard while the MBB is rebooting.
- Your device should now populate on your 3rd Party display as an available app!!
Garmin One Helm
Raymarine LightHouse 4
Converting from HTML5 to Local Display Mode
There are two methods for completing the service:
- If your MFD/HTML5 interface is still available,
- Repeat the above process to change the Display Mode from HTML5 to Local Display,
- Then select Update & Reboot
- During the Reboot process, reconnect video (HDMI or VGA) and input devices
- If your HTML5 interface device is not available
- Power down the MBB300C
- Connect your video (HDMI or VGA) and input devices
- Power up the MBB300C and you will be prompted with the following message that the unit is currently in the HTML5 mode.
- Pressing the OK button will switch the mode back to local and reboot the device